Follow HotMamaGowns on Twitter Like HotMamaGowns on Facebook Follow HotMamaGowns' RSS feed Follow HotMamaGowns' blog
Hot Mama Gowns on SharkTank
We have gift Certificates Available

Out of the Shark Tank Waters: An update on Deidrea and Hot Mama Gowns

Posted on: April 24th, 2011 by TheHotMama 47 Comments

WOW!! Hi ;) So what did you think about Friday’s episode (Episode 205) of Shark Tank Season 2?  What was UP with that know-it-all who couldn’t listen?!!  I have to fight every fiber of my being to not dominate this post “defending” myself, my actions (or non-actions) and my demeanor in the tank; it is what it is, and I am who I am!!

Making the Cut

It WAS an amazing experience; I am STILL in shock that my email to casting sent in August 2010 allowed me to take a swim with the “Sharks” and subsequently landed me on Prime Time TV on ABC!  EVERYONE is asking what was/is the “secret” to getting on; honestly there IS no secret.  Wait until they announce casting for Season 3 (fingers crossed for a Season 3!) send an email answering the questions they ask and…at that point it’s up to casting to decide if you’re worth a phone call!

Within 2 weeks of sending my email I received a call from casting (YAY!) and from that point it was a series of many phone calls, lots of questions, lots of paperwork and then I was asked to submit a 5 minute audition tape; and coming from someone who can talk (as evidenced by Friday’s episode..HA!) 5 minutes is SO short when you’re trying to show an outsider your passion and convince them that Hot Mama Gowns IS a business for the masses!  I overnighted my audition tape to CA (which cost me $60!!) Money well spent!  And then came the calls from the producers…and FINALLY the email with flight information…Hollywood bound!

My Audition Tape...Overnighted to California (Ouch!)

I had two models for my pitch to help illustrate the reality of nasty, used, chemical smelling hospital gowns; and to show the Hot Mama alternative!  Sandy Sunshine who is no stranger to lights & cameras and then my Hot Mama model Paige Smith who I ACTUALLY met on Twitter and with whom I formed an AMAZING friendship.  She agreed to fly into LA to support me & be my Hot Mama.  One of the reasons I connected with Paige is because she ALSO owns a maternity business; Pure Belly, which boasts beautiful & soft belly wraps, maternity tanks, breast wraps and more!  She’s also the “special person in my life” I referred to in my first Shark Tank post who took me on my virgin trip to In-N-Out Burger (Animal Style all the way)!

I Went, I Pitched, I Said No!

Minutes before I stood in front of the sharks I did this backstage interview; and truly, I was not nervous!  At that point I had successfully channeled my worried/anxious/nervous energy into excitement…it was GO time!

Eye-to-eye, toe-to-toe standing in that room in front of the Sharks was OVERWHELMING & awesome!  The next hour of my life I’d spend pitching my heart & soul to the sharks; looking for money, looking for affirmation that I HAD created something amazing, and looking for a strategic partnership.

In order to grow to the next level and reduce costs (and offer lower prices on my gowns) I needed an influx of cash.  Even though Barbara brought cash to the table in addition to her incredibly positive attitude & business savvy (and make no mistake I would have LOVED to partner with Barbara) the conditions weren’t in line with my vision and the sizing condition (to only offer S, M,L ) was in stark contrast to what the market demands.   Moving forward this way would CONTINUE to ignore the sizing needs on both ends of the spectrum, a need that I AM fulfilling!  EVERY woman, in EVERY size category should have a Hot Mama Gown that fits HER, not “most”.  I was SO humbled and grateful that Barbara extended me an offer; it WAS a vote of confidence, it WAS affirmation that I am breaking ground.  Hot Mama Gowns are NOT hospital gowns, they are NOT patterned after hospital gowns; they are SPECIFICALLY and thoughtfully designed for a mother about to give birth and to help facilitate a comfortable and successful breastfeeding relationship (not to mention the immediate skin-to-skin contact that is so critical to baby’s body temperature regulation and bonding).

I said no to Barbara’s deal because of her required changes to what I feel is an integral part of Hot Mama Gowns; sizing.  And to give away 40% of my “baby” for such a small investment ($30,000) just didn’t make sense, or feel right.  I will always be grateful to Barbara for extending an offer and seeing what the “boys” (hee hee) didn’t!  To be validated to the point of someone wanting to give you their hard earned money is SIMPLY extraordinary, and the gravity of that is not lost on me.

Whatcha Up To Now

So…you’ve heard people say “God opens doors”, well, He opened the double doors for me!! You may have noticed our gowns are no longer $119-$139; they are now $89-$99 which is a HUGE reduction; and something that doesn’t happen too often in retail!  And…you may have also noticed we launched the “Essentials” line which is a little easier on your diaper bag (wallet) with gowns priced $59-69 <insert cheers>!

So, now let’s walk through those double doors I was telling you about ;) Shortly after I filmed, an unexpected cheerleader entered my life; total blessing to have met this person and truly grateful to have gotten to know them.  This person has one of the purest hearts I have ever experienced and is so incredibly sincere, I am fortunate just to have them in my life, let alone the series of events they were about to put into motion.  It is no accident God brought them into my life.  This new friend connected me with a family member who has extensive & successful experience in all things retail, marketing and sales and what THIS person has accomplished in their own life is quite amazing so I was very much looking forward to “talking shop” and gaining some insights and expertise from this person.  That phone call about strategy, sales, marketing and a whole mix of other things as they pertain to Hot Mama Gowns ended up leading to an A.M.A.Z.I.N.G strategic partnership that is about so much more than money, so much more than experience and is SO MUCH more than board room meetings and false pretenses.  This “Angel Investor” (this is what investors are called who wish to remain anonymous, and rightly so!) is human, shares my vision and shares my confidence and enthusiasm for the brand and where we are going.  THINGS.LIKE.THIS.DON’T.JUST.HAPPEN :)

I feel validated, I feel even more empowered, and if you can believe it I feel re-energized…to have someone with so much experience, who has climbed to such high ranks within their industry believe in me, and want to partner with me…it’s just AMAZING. And if you thought I was working hard before, this “Angel” makes me want to work EVEN harder and smarter to make them proud and show them I will NOT let them down…it’s going to be an amazing road!  And that is the reason you are now able to luxuriate in a Hot Mama Gown for as low as $59.  And this is ONLY the beginning!!!

You can also click here to read another update on myself and Hot Mama Gowns, written by Kirk Taylor, a self-proclaimed Serial Entrepreneur :) (and I swear I didn’t pay him money to say such thoughtful things..swear!!)

There is Loss and There is Light

I’m not entirely sure why I feel so compelled to add this, but I do, and I’m not going to question it or fight it.  I filmed for Season 2 of Shark Tank in October; in November I found out we were expecting #3 (My daughter is almost 5 and my son just turned 3 this month!).  I mean, you can’t get a higher high than that…SO much good was happening for me in business and in my personal life.  The months ticked while I waited to hear if my segment made it to air, and then finally, a “Yes”, Hot Mama Gowns made the cut and my segment would air for 6+million people to see..again…SUCH high highs.  It truly seemed that every day was filled with more good news and I LIKED IT!!

My husband and I went in together for my 19 week ultrasound, which is known as the “BIG” ultrasound, because we’d be finding out if we were welcoming a boy or girl into the family…and minutes after the tech started the ultrasound she stopped abruptly and told us there was no heartbeat.  Yes, this was my reality.  The doctor came in minutes later to repeat the scan and confirmed the news.  I truly, truly felt like I somehow, someway was responsible…had I put so much energy into my business and was reaping so many rewards from Hot Mama Gowns that something in my life had to fail to balance it out.  Devastating doesn’t COME close to the news we got on that day.  That was March 22nd, I was almost 5 months pregnant, and it happened to be my Dad’s birthday of all days.  And again, this happened in the midst of ALL the Shark Tank excitement, preparation, and normal every-day life of raising two kids.  I was admitted that day into the hospital for an induction because I was too far along for any other options.  I delivered on March 25th.  Do I even have to point out the cruel, thick irony, that I was wearing my Hot Mama Gowns for those 3 days to deliver a baby that I couldn’t take home.

I am not a negative person; my ridiculous optimism is truly my gift from God, so I always find the good, the positive, and the light.  Thru that experience I realized how much people loved me (and loved me hard), some people whom I’ve never met; how highly I was regarded by friends, colleagues, and even just acquaintances, how my pain was your pain.  Yeah…this is reality, and it’s not always rainbows and unicorns, but this is me, I’m just as human and fragile as the next.

Everything that is/was/and has been Shark Tank has been an extremely welcome distraction, I’ve been working so hard and have been so focused; you have to have faith that everything happens for a reason, even if we don’t know it at the time, or ever know it.

I have been so humbled by such an outpouring of support before, during AND after my Shark Tank experience; you guys TRULY rock my socks!!  Yeah, yeah, there are haters, so I just take my husband’s advice and put on my “Hater Blockers”!!

But just know that Hot Mama Gowns has ONLY just begun our quest for World Domination (at least in Labor and Delivery) for now!!

So much love and so many thanks!

XOXO

Deidrea

The self-proclaimed “Hot Mama” (yep, it’s on my biz cards!)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

47 Responses, join the conversation...

1. Calleah says:

Nothing but love. You deserve all of the support and admiration. You’re a very strong and inspiring woman!

2. InDueTime says:

Deidrea, My heart goes out to you for the loss of your little one. I’m sorry for your loss.

As far as HMG goes, the sky is the limit girlfriend! I wish you nothing but success.

3. ashia says:

Great post! The footprints got me. I still think of you often & say a prayer for you. HE is definitely giving you strength!

4. Hayley says:

You ROCK MY SOCKS!!!

I am so sorry that I could not be there for your viewing party. I love you!

You are the strongest person I know, you are the best mom I know (besides my own, sorry) and the best business woman I know.

You are my BFF (thanks to the ghost of Mr. Flager, heehee) and I love you from the bottom of my heart.

Really? I’m in tears again, lol. I am so blessed to have you in my life and you deserve every.single.bit of happiness and success that comes your way. I am so proud of you.

XOXOXO
    Hayley

5. Deidrea,

It’s been fun watching this all roll-out! It’s kind of weird to think Shark Tank is all done now – it has been a topic of conversation for so long – what in the world will we talk about? Oh ya, where we’re taking our next fabulous vacation because our businesses are both doing so well (how could I forget)!

I too am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. So glad we “met”, looking forward to meeting IRL very soon. Thanks for the ear and thank you for letting me be your ear too sometimes. I am honoured.

Your Canadian friend…
    Wendy

6. Lara Audelo says:

Deidrea,

I am in tears reading this post, which I must admit I have been anxiously awaiting. I am so grateful to have made a connection with you, you are a champion of women, mothers and babies, and I am so pleased to see that you are getting the recognition you have worked for and deserve.

I wish you the biggest success and thank you for opening up so honestly about your entire experience, your bravery is one more way you inspire me. CONGRATS!

XOXO,
    Lara

7. Sandra Birge says:

First… I love your blogs! You show us the girl you are and how passionate you are about this aventure and the love of your family.

We have never met but I feel like I know you a little bit through Paige (my little girl) she speaks of you everyday with fondness and I am grateful she has a friend with a heart like yours.

I am so sorry for your loss and as another said the footprints got me too. When Paige told me our hearts broke for you.

I look forward to hearing all the wonderful things that are headed your way from Paige. You are a good, smart and proud person don’t let those “haters” take a half second of your time. Your product is amazing and I could not be more proud of your success!

Best of life and love to you and your family!

With fondest regards,
    Paige’s Mom
    Sandy

8. Cristi Comes says:

What a beautiful and heartbreaking and inspiring post. Your optimism is infectious and I wish you nothing but success and happiness with HMG and your family. I am so sorry for your terrible loss. It breaks my heart, but you’re right that welcome distractions can help us get through. You are an inspiration!

9. paige smith says:

D- You know that I am fighting temptation to add my version of some events during our wonderful LA trip. But, I will just leave it at Love ya! You more than deserve your success. If your loyal fans, friends and family think they are proud of you now… Hah! Behind the scenes and the uneditted version… I wanted to all cap a great word but can’t think of one to do it ALL justice… Keep rockin Love!!

P.s.: My favorite moment besides our amazing hotel on Wilshire with what appeared to be a breast theme… was- you miked… us singing our “theme song”! Oh also- the people in the hangars just feet from us. Crazy Good trip and experience, thanks for giving me such a wonderful gift and memories to last a lifetime!
    Xoxo,
    Paige Smith
    Pure Belly

10. Lara says:

love you sweetie, tell you often and AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. D- you were and are amazing! Everything does happen for a reason and you continue to inspire me with all you do and have done.

xoxo
    Katie

ps.. The ‘boys’ clearly do not take any deals with strong women who speak their minds and who do ‘know all the answers’ :) Barabara is smart & so are you!

12. Steve says:

Deidrea,

Just wanted to say congratulations on your appearance on Shark Tank. That in itself is a HUGE accomplishment. My entire family (wife, me and 5 kids)watched Friday night. The Sharks seemed unusually tough, but I have to agree with you $30,000 for 40% of your business was not realistic. Seems you could get a line of credit or an SBA loan if that was what you were needing. In any case, I’m glad you stuck to your guns. And, just maybe, it was the test of your will that needed to happen so that God could prove to you His faithfulness! Wishing you much success and an overflow of blessings!

13. Gina says:

I was so proud of you! You did an amazing job and I’m so excited to read your news about your silent investor. Awesome!!

Best wishes & continued success!
    xo
    Gina

14. Nina says:

Deirdra

I’ve been somehow following you and your story since the fall though I cannot really remember how we connected. Perhaps it was Facebook. Your raw display of emotions makes Hot Mama Gowns an even more loveable product. I am glad to hear you found an “Angel Investor”. If there is anything I can do to help you along, let me know!

15. amanda says:

i didn’t see the show. i was bummed they bumped it up, i had been telling my hubby how “that pretty gown i wore when i had evaleigh? that lady who made it was going to be on shark tank” and how we had to watch it. :) oh well. because can still “see” it just not when i aired. ;)

but my heart aches for you and your loss. i am so sorry that you had to endure such a pain during a “happy” exciting time. i have had to endure three losses, though not as late as yours, and i know how hard mine were. i cannot imagine having to deliver. ack. i’m going to stop now before i start bawling. i’m so sorry does not seem words enough, yet it’s all i can say.

keep on keeping on. part of me wishes i was going to have baby number 6…just so i can wear the gown again!! ;)

16. Crystal says:

Hello:

I DVR’d Shark Tank and literally JUST got done watching your segment. I haven’t even watched the rest of the show.

I came here to tell you that I like your enthusiasm and your business but I think the sharks weren’t in the best position to help you. I *think*, and I could be wrong, that your product might best sell at high-end boutiques and perhaps etsy? Although maybe the tv exposure was all you needed to go to the next level?

I think you were right not to compromise your vision and applaud you for that.

Anyway, as I said, that was my reason for coming here, but I read this last post of yours and my heart broke for you. Sending you the most love and light for you and your family. Friday was the one year anniversary of my loss and although I am the mother of a 2 year old amazing little boy, I still grieve for the loss of what I feel would’ve been his little sister.

So wishing you the very best in your personal and professional endeavors. And…if I am ever pregnant again, I will buy a gown!! :-)

17. i am so proud of you! i watched the episode from home & was cheering you on! You deserve so much success.

I am also very sorry for your loss. As a mom with 10 angels i am here to talk to if you need support.

HUGS Hot Mama!

18. You have been such a pleasure to watch / learn from / get to know! Congratulations on your success. I’m confident it will only grow!

My heart sank as a I read about your loss. So sorry for this. No doubt you have a sweet little angel with you now and always.

19. Lori says:

D, I find it so funny that you had me proofread your blog posts when you first started. You truly write from your heart and your emotions (and your optimism!) are evident in every single word on the page. I may never need to wear a Hot Mama Gown again, but I continue to read and am thrilled to hear about your new investor, the new product line, and the price reductions.

I am SO very proud of you and all that you have accomplished. I am also profoundly saddened by your loss. You are a strong and resliient woman. I believe that you make your own path in life, and you’ve PLOWED your own path!

We watched your episode together last night. You definely made the right decision. I agree with Steve that the sharks were tough that night. My mom was annoyed with them and thought the men were sexist! I don’t feel like they portrayed how you really are and you are wise not to defend yourself. IT DOESN’T MATTER – You are a success no matter what.

Okay, I’ll stop babbling now :)

xoxo
    Lori

20. Jeni says:

Praying for you! And I love the gown, btw. I had checked them out before seeing you on the Shark Tank. Not sure where I first heard about them. I’m glad to see the price has been reduced. I had a horrible emergency C-section with my son and felt so crappy and dirty for the three days they kept me in the hospital before I could shower. Would’ve totally appreciated a gown like yours. It’s going on my wish-list for baby #2 (whenever that is).

21. joanne says:

You rock woman…beyond all words…you rock and are one rock of a woman, mother, wife, entrepreneur. I’m so proud of you.

22. Melissa says:

I have to say that I was so thrilled to be watching Shark Tank and all of a sudden hear a name I recognized! I knew who you were although they kept saying, your so little, no one knows about you. The one thing I say each time I am in the hospital, is they need to make more fashionable gowns. I did look into purchasing a gown before my child in August, but I just couldn’t justify the pricing for just 3 days. I am so glad to hear that you have lower pricing. Too bad I am not having any more babies. You keep on keeping on.. you are an inspiration ! I would have turned down the offer as well.. I think any bigger women can say, its quite annoying not having something fashionable to wear just because you aren’t a S, M, L, OR XL.

23. Hi Deidrea-
    You go, girl! What a great recap. I was so honored to be able to be at your viewing party with you. You are a smart lady believing in your brand and realizing the value in providing all sizes. I too believe that everything does happen for a reason. I applaud your faith, courage and strength and wish you nothing but goodness, good fortune and happiness as you enter this next chapter of your life.
    Best,
    Colleen

24. Deidre,
    As you know we shot Shark Tank just before your segment…we could see the passion you have for your business and your life. We read your blog with a heavy heart for the loss of your child. It is so true that you never know which way God leads us and takes us, but always for a reason.
    We wish you joy in your journey and as they say, it’s not the destination that matters,it is truly enjoying the journey on the way.
    Best of luck with your business… you go GIRL!! You Rock!
    God’s Blessings to you and your family.
    Debbie & Terry
    Furry Friends Inc.

25. Simone Pratt says:

I am hugging you thru my iPhone!!!! I just watched shark tank on my dvr (after putting a 3 year old and 8 month old to bed). I SO wish I heard of your gowns when I had my babies!!!! I am a rare “no epidural” mom and I wanted to look beautiful and be co
    Comfortable while giving birth. I was not a patient. Giving birth is a natural occurrence and that gown didn’t reflect how I felt!!! It was not about looks, but it was… I remember seeing Real Housewives of NJ and Bethany has a baby realty shows and they had on pretty gown that looked soft organic etc and wished I had one…

All this to say – I wish you ABUNDANT success and if I have any more babies I WILL get one!

I am so sorry for your loss – thank you for sharing and never give up!

26. Robert says:

Man you blew it on the shark tank, I do wish you best of luck but I doubt that you will succeed unless you start listening to other peoples voices. Tone down that loud voice of yours and listen to others with more experience.

27. Austin says:

I guess you’ll look back in 10 years and be in a better place to judge whether it was a mistake or not to reject the offer.

Hope the increased exposure is a boon to business!

Austin

28. Sheena says:

I feel SO special! Who’s that handsome little newborn cuddling up in that beautiful soft Antionette? ;) As a proud owner of 3 of your amzing creations I can attest that they are worth every penny! I am so glad that you stayed true to yourself and your vision. I agree that a S, M, and L size would not work for these gowns. I tell all my fellow preggos about your gowns and as a soon to be labor and delivery nurse I’ll get to spread the word more! You always have been, and always will be a phenomenal, smart, PASSIONATE woman! Keep that head held high and thank you for not settling! And thanks again for my awesome gowns! They truly did help me to feel beautiful during the birth of my babies!

29. Sarah says:

Thanks for sharing. You are amazing.

It looks like I will not be having a third baby. :( I am truly going to miss wearing one of your gowns.

30. Andrea says:

Wow – what a story – I am so thrilled for you – this is awesome. I know that losing your child has filled you with sadness at a time of such joy – but your energy, passion and joy for life will carry you through the difficult time. Thinking of you!

31. Jo says:

Oh, honey. I’m so sorry for your loss. I know how that feels. My husband and I have four beautiful children here on earth, age 24 to 14, and two children in heaven that we’ll meet one day. We had our first child and then we lost those two and thought our daughter would be an only child…God laughed at that and gave us our next three. The pain is intense, it never goes away but it does “blur” a bit after time.
    You are a total firecracker & I wish you all the best. Keep hugging those babies, they grow up so fast! Everyone says it, because it is true! & at the end of the day, that’s what really lasts.
    God Bless!
    jo

32. Jason says:

Thank you for sharing with us your personal trials and tribulations. When God is working for you the devil will try to do whatever he can to stop your progression. But God never puts us through what we can’t handle. I was really touched by this posting and tho I’m not married and a male when I do get married and my wife is pregnant she’ll be getting a Hot Mama gown for sure! Thanks for your words it definitely was a blessing for me.
    God

33. Jason says:

God Bless

34. Hey D-
    so excited that your HMG made it on prime time. I thought you made a good decision and stayed true to your vision.
    Sorry for the loss of your baby.
    Take care and be strong surrounded by Family & God’s love!
    Debbie

35. Erin Neilson says:

Oh my goodness, just finished reading this (and bawling my brains out) Thank you for sharing this incredible story.

36. gretchen jackson says:

nothing but love for ya mama. so much love.

37. Deidrea, God does work in mysterious ways and things DO happen for a reason. Thank you for sharing your journey (even the personal stuff) with us. :0)

38. kerry says:

D – You ARE primetime. You always will be. I’ve liked you since we met on twitter and am just in awe of you. Take care of YOU for a bit, then let me know how i can help.

Kerry (bamboobies)

39. Teresa says:

Loved your episode! I was just talking to a big group of women online, and they were discussing how much they hated the hospital gowns. I love your passion and product and am so glad you’re doing as well as you are with your company.

My heart broke reading about your precious baby. The footprints were tear jerkers. I’m 18.5 weeks along now and couldn’t imagine losing my baby at this point (or ever). (((hugs)))

40. Miranda Hubbard says:

Thank you for being brave and sharing not just your positive “high highs” but the low lows too. I also believe that God causes all things to work together for good and there is a purpose behind everything that happens to us. I too had a big apt where no heartbeat was found- actually 2 miscarriages in a row and never knew anyone to speak about it before that. I was SO unprepared when I had my first miscarriage because NO ONE talks about this and I NEVER expected it could happen to me. Of course after the first I knew how common it was and had resources which helped a lot but it was still devastating- particularly because we had no children. I am happy to say that I now have a 17 month old daughter and am due in less than 2 weeks with a baby boy :) There is life after miscarriages and you WILL get to wear your hot mama gown again. Congrats on Shark Tank and all it has done for your business- this is a SHINING example to all the “mom-preneurs” out there! Oh and the fact that you have been introduced to in and out and love it warms my heart!
    -Miranda

41. Lore says:

D – Please accept my sympathy. You are making a HUGE difference in many mothers lives. Very impressed with your company on Shark Tank. You are one of the sharpest business owners they have featured. Congrats! on making the correct decision.

42. Myrna Rae says:

Hi Diedra,
    I thought my heart was going to stop when I read your story. I’m still crying for you, your family and the love you lost. Just remember that Heaven’s Angel is always with you.

By the way, you are a wonderful writer!

We’ll talk next week.
    Myrna

43. Maggie says:

Love the product. Love that you got some exposure. Love that you found an investor. I hope things continue to work out for you!

44. Betsy says:

When I saw HMG on Shark Tank in April, I told my husband I thought it was a great product. I was rooting for you!…and completely agreed that one size doesn’t fit all. I was 7 months pregnant at the time. A few weeks before my baby was due in June, I finally remembered to Google HMG. Glad I did! I was excited to see that you had reduced the prices. I got the Emma Gown in XS and was so excited that it fit perfectly while I was pregnant and after I gave birth. I was so glad that you stuck to your sizing. The nurses and lactation consultant at the hospital loved my HMG. I wore it after I gave birth, and it was so wonderful to be in something cute and comfortable at that point. I only wish I had had my husband take more pictures of me in it with our newborn daughter. She was our first. I hope to have at least one more…and I’ll definitely wear my HMG if I do. I loved it!

45. You deserve everything! You are an inspiration to me as a fellow mom and business woman!

46. Marty says:

The sharks were CRAZY to pass this up!!!! As a mom of 5 ranging from 10 yrs – 20 yrs old, I can say I would have loved to have had one of your gowns during my hospital stay & beyond. The shark that said “you’re in the hospital who cares what you look like” has no clue what he passed up. I will definitely remember your beautiful gowns for the next baby shower I am invited to. God Blesss You!

47. Mandy Brock says:

Diedra,
    First of all I think the sharks are crazy and a little rude. I gave birth to my daughter 5 months ago (Emerson) and would have loved one of your gowns! So smart!
    After reading your story and being brought to tears, I’m convinced that you and your business are better off without the sharks. So thankful that you got an angel donor! God is good! I pray that you and your family have continued success. I hope you can wear your Hot Mama gown again really soon! Best of Luck!
    Many Blessings,